- This event has passed.
9th Annual Alberta Power Symposium
October 5, 2021 @ 8:00 am – October 6, 2021 @ 5:00 pm MDT
The Canadian Institute is proud to present the 9th Annual Alberta Power Symposium taking place virtually on October 5 – 6, 2021!
As the province moves forward from the impacts of COVID-19, learn about recovery plans for the energy-only market, discover how corporate PPA’s are driving economic growth, and address questions on how to achieve emissions targets and develop affordable energy in Alberta.
Plus, as Alberta’s electricity sector leads the way toward renewable energy development, a unique market structure and deregulated electricity sector are providing exciting opportunities and a competitive advantage for investment. Attend this Symposium to assess developments in the power sector, address challenges and highlight areas of growth.
2021 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Plans to achieve targets in the Renewable Electricity Act and strategies to incorporate renewables into the grid
• Major new renewable energy investments with Amazon, Labatt’s, Shell, RBC, TC Energy and more
• Exploring the role of hydrogen and plans for a hydrogen power hub
• Evaluating federal funding for carbon capture solutions and opportunities for commercial use
• Current advancements in small modular nuclear reactors (SMRs) as a viable source of low-carbon energy
• Innovative energy storage technologies as the key to renewables