*The events and programs listed below are available to members only. Membership is free. To become a member, please sign up for our monthly newsletter here.
The W+P Events and Programs schedule is designed to connect, grow and inspire our members – women in the power industry and our allies. If you want to be invited to the events below and future member-only events, Join Us as a member today to receive a personal invitation to participate.
1. Virtual Event: Understanding Your Value as a Power Professional: Getting jobs we love, salaries we deserve and work we are proud of
Date: October 21, 2021
Time: 12:00 – 1:00p MDT
Registration Deadline: October 4, 2021
Jackie Rafter is a visionary career transformation strategist and entrepreneur with a passion for helping people discover and live their purpose. As Founder, President & CEO of Higher Landing, Jackie helps professionals, executives and globally-known athletes manage and evolve their careers. The proprietary Career Transformation methodology she has pioneered at Higher Landing is being broadly adopted across professions throughout Canada as the country endures significant, disruptive change. Jackie holds dual degrees from the University of Calgary with an MBA and Bachelor of Education (French) and is a champion of helping people live fulfilling purpose-driven careers. She speaks regularly to professional associations in Canada, educating their members on future work trends.
As an entrepreneur who has developed a proprietary process for helping professionals across North America manage their careers, Jackie will walk through a framework to understand our value and leverage it to get jobs we love, salaries we deserve and do work we are proud of.
Women + Power members will learn about their unique value and the vital role it can play in creating a successful career in the power industry.
In this session you will learn:
- How to become an indispensable asset as a power professional
- How to understand the importance of communicating your value to others, and how it can help you manage your career and build credibility
- A model for understanding your value and building your brand as a power professional
- How to market your value inside and outside of the organization
- How to advocate for the value of your professional network
- Essential tips to navigate your way through Canada’s evolving workforce trends
- How career security is replacing job security
- How to thrive in the post-pandemic economy
This webinar is derived from Higher Landing’s proprietary Career Transition and Transformation program, which has been used to help thousands of professionals transition and manage their careers and ‘land higher’ since 2015.
Registration details will be communicated to members on September 22 via a private Eventbrite invitation. This event is not open to the public.
2. Virtual Learning Series #2: Allyship in an Organizational Context
Workshop date: October 25, 2021
Time: 12:00 – 1:30pm MDT
Registration Deadline: October 15, 2021
We are pleased to offer our second Learning Series, Allyship in an Organizational Context. The concept of allyship is quite broad and can manifest in a variety of ways depending on the context.
Some of you may find yourself in the unenviable position of taking this on in your workplace, for the first time – in a deeply emotional and volatile environment. While others are realizing that all of the best practices intended to embrace the diversity that got us here may not get us ‘there’.
Whether you’re new to the game or struggling with the rules of it all. We’ve got you.
In this learning series our incredible speaker, Pamela Teagarden, MAPP will focus specifically on allyship in the workplace and provide you with multiple opportunities to learn what allyship is, to discuss what it means to you and to push back on the good intentions that just aren’t working.
Learnings objectives include:
- Acquiring foundational knowledge about allyship and related concepts (e.g., privilege)
- Developing an understanding of allyship through an organizational lens
- Identifying strategies for building effective ally relationships in the workplace from both ally and partner perspectives
Participants will be provided with an opportunity to discuss content, apply acquired knowledge and gather in the new year to share ally and/or partner experiences.
This Learning Series includes:
- Self-directed foundational knowledge development
- Speaker presentation and breakout discussions
- Applied Learning Sharing Session
Participants have the option of registering for the speaker presentation and breakout discussions only; however, we strongly encourage participants to register for the Applied Learning Sharing Session on January 26, 2022, from 12:00 -1:00pm. Registration for the January 26 event will open after our Workshop on October 25. Some of our greatest learnings come from sharing our own experiences and hearing about the experiences of others.
To participate in this learning series, please register by October 15, 2021. Registration details will be communicated to members on September 22 via a private Eventbrite invitation.
Please note that this program is currently offered to members only and has limited availability to ensure maximum engagement. If you know someone who would benefit from this type of program, please encourage them to join for a free membership. As members, they’ll get notices about upcoming events, must-read news and insights delivered straight to their inbox.